Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rebel Óg Matters

4 posters

Go down

Rebel Óg Matters Empty Rebel Óg Matters

Post by Tipp Ex Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:01 pm

Anyone know anything about all underage competitions going to under 13, 15, 17, 19 in Cork next year?

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Rebel Óg Matters Empty Re: Rebel Óg Matters

Post by Tipp Ex Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:31 pm

Looks like we'll have games from under 12 to under 18 all the way up each year in Cork in 2021. The primary ones will be the odd numbers wirh under 12, 14 and 16 being "secondary" competitions.
They've decided on under 18 and under 21 for next year in Firm as well.
Its all a whole mess putting extra pressure on juvenile clubs to get teams out on the pitch with mentors to run them. Could Croke Park not have waited at least one more year

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:11 pm

From Cork GAA website. Ive been saying for years that Cork Minor teams needed the same managers/mentors/coaches all the way up and it finally looks like its happening. Looks like Fraggy Murphy will be Minor Hurling manager in 2023 and John Meyler in 2024

Following the success of our underage teams in both codes over the past three seasons, with five All Irelands won at Minor and U20 level, Cork GAA are pleased to propose a number of incoming managers at development squad level for the coming season. All will join the coaching pathways now in place at these levels and each will go before our upcoming County Committee meeting for approval.

Ray O’Mahony (Eire Og) is proposed as Cork U16 Football Manager. Ray is originally from Dublin, playing his club football with Kilmacud Crokes, while also lining out for Dublin at Minor level. Since moving to Cork, he has been actively involved with his adopted club at underage level and more recently with their Intermediate / Senior teams. He has been involved with development squads for a number of years and is currently with the Cork U20 footballers as goalkeeping coach.

Micheal O’Sullivan (Carbery Rangers) is proposed as Cork U15 Football Manager. He has played a leading role in his club Carbery Rangers’ rise from Junior football to Senior ranks, as both player and manager, while also winning a County Senior title with Carbery. The highlight of his inter-county career was winning a National league and Munster football championship medal in 1999, while also lining out in the All Ireland Final in the same year. He has coached his club successfully for several years and more recently has been involved with development squads in the West Cork region.

Kieran Murphy (Sarsfields) is proposed as Cork U16 Hurling Manager. A Cork Senior Hurler from 2003 to 2011, with All Irelands at both Minor and Senior level, Kieran also has vast experience in preparing teams at adult and underage level. He was a key part of the Cork Senior Hurling management team from 2017 to 2019 having worked with the Cork U21s and development squads in the past.

John Meyler (St. Finbarr’s) is proposed as Cork U15 Hurling manager, overseeing the four regional squads in 2022. John brings a huge amount of experience to this role having managed and coached at all levels of the game including the Cork Senior Hurling team from 2017 to 2019. He previously worked at development squad level with the group that formed the All Ireland winning U17 team of 2017.

Ger O’Regan (St. Finbarr’s) is proposed as Cork U14 Hurling manager and will oversee the regional structures at this age group. Ger has previously coached his club team at Senior level and first-hand experience of Cork development squad structures having worked with teams for several years, coaching the same group from U14 to All Ireland Minor success in 2021.

All managers listed are in the process of recruiting selectors, coaches and support teams at the respective levels.

We are delighted to welcome all on board.

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:03 pm

The highlight of his inter-county career was winning a National league and Munster football championship medal in 1999, while also lining out in the All Ireland Final in the same year.

And he'll never be allowed to forget Larry throwing a load of f...........ks at him after he kicked away hard won possession for the omteenth time.   Clearly audible and picked up by the sideline camera.    Laughing

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:27 pm

I've heard of 2 disputed scores but THREE🤣

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40896410.html

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:48 pm

I believe Cork are playing the intercounty tournaments this weekend, and I think it's hurling. Arragbawn u15, Tony Forrestal u14 etc

Again, the lack of information is absolutely shocking

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:04 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:I've heard of 2 disputed scores but THREE🤣

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40896410.html

Rightly or wrongly, the referee's should be the final decision. The match should probably be replayed.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Regarding the underage hurling tournaments this weekend, im only picking up bits and pieces and ive no idea of how the teams are split up.

Im guessing the Cork teams are mixed ability

Tony Forrestal in Waterford - I was looking at the programme online (i cant copy and paste the names) but Cork have 4 teams entered, i counted 84 players in total.

Cork the only county with 4 teams. Galway, Dublin, Limerick, Clare, Carlow, Offaly, Westmeath not entered for some reason. The competition looks to have lost a bit of its shine, now it looks like a glorified training/blitz session for half of the counties with no possibility of following the form forward for the next 3 years when they enter minor.
Cork 3 were beaten by Kilkenny 2 earlier by 1-11 t0 1-6. Cork 4 beat Meath by 2-16 to 1-15 in a QF.

Cork 3 currently losing the shield final against Wexford by 3-7 to 2-4 at HT. I saw these results/updates on twitter by accident. Pity theres no one place where i can access live data. Looks half arsed to me. Surely the young players deserve better than this from the GAA.

Arraghbawn in Tipperary is U15 now is it? Used be U16? Only 4 teams in it, Cork, Tipp, Meath and Dublin. Where the hell is everyone else?

I used to go to the Carigdhoun/Ted Hanley U15 tournament every year and used to be a brilliant day out but thats now gone. Since the Minor went from U18 to U17, the whole thing has gone to shit

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:07 pm

Interesting article here on U17, U19 and the whole Minor age grade thing. Something will happen sooner rather than later imo, U17 wont stay

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-40963169.html

Last edited by Tipp Ex on Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tipp Ex

T. Leaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:58 pm

It was a nonsense idea from the very beginning. They should have left everything as it was. This is a good example of the GAA's perchance for turning a slight problem into a massive one. Hopefully everything goes back to under 18 and under 21.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:22 pm

Niall Twomey (Bantry Blues via Balinascarthy) is the new Head of Games Development for Cork GAA, taking over from Kevin O'Callaghan whos gone out to CIT/MTU. I wish him well, looks like they will be getting more new coaches, Cork GAA is crying out for them for 20 years or more

https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-41193682.html

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:05 am

Good appointment, I think.
Niall is a serious worker, knowledgeable and very good with people.

Podsy
Podsy

Smallball likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:21 pm

The intercounty underage hurling tournaments due to be played today took an awful battering after the tragedy yday in Cork with the young lad (on Cork panel) and the awful tragedy in Clonmel. And rightly so.
Some games played, others weren't.

So many Cork teams anyway I've lost track. Proc have a few results but I don't think you can read anything into them after the last few days

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:52 pm

Glen won the Premier 1 minor burning the other night, denying Douglas the double double.
A boost for them no doubt

Tipp Ex

Smallball likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down