Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster & All Ireland Club Championships

+6
Skyblue
Ranty
Podsy
JBM1
T. Leaf
Tipp Ex
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Munster & All Ireland Club Championships Empty Munster & All Ireland Club Championships

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:22 pm

Boherbue were the first Cork club in action today. They beat Ballyvaughan from Clare by 2-15 to 0-1 in Cusack Park.
That sets them up for a semi final against the winners from Kerry, Gneeveguilla in the big one, next week at a Cork venue.

Most other Cork clubs starting out next week

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Munster & All Ireland Club Championships Empty Re: Munster & All Ireland Club Championships

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:49 pm

Munster intermediate hurling semi final

Courcey Rovers 1-18
Mungret 1-17 AET

Courcey had tú dig deep for that one

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Munster & All Ireland Club Championships Empty Re: Munster & All Ireland Club Championships

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:01 pm

That's not a healthy scoreline for our club champions

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Kilmalock 0-19; Midleton 1-9

Kilmalock were ultra aggressive and Midleton simply weren’t able to stand up to them in the first half. But basically what killed Midleton was the amount of space they allowed the Kilmalock players to score remarkably easy points.

Midelton did put up a fight in the second half, and I though a constantly under pressure defence performed well, but the game was beyond them from a long way out.

Also, Midleton did not get any sort of parity on the frees from the referee until late in the second half.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Ballygiblin beat Caherline (Limerick) 1-9 to 0-10 in the junior semi final. Play their neighbours Skeenarinky in the Munster final after they beat Ogonnelue from Clare in ET yesterday

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:24 pm

The Kilmallock walk in the park really was a poor performance from the best that Cork clubs could throw at them.
Kilmallock were superior all over and blew Midleton away, especially in the first half. Forget the scoreline. It was a sobering experience for Midleton and our clubs really. Our non contact hurling philosophy found out bigtime today

The county championship has been reformed yes but we're 5 years at least off competing with any Senior Limerick team going on the hammerings dished out by them this year.

Our pitiful record in senior continues, it really is woeful and hints at problems behind it all

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM1 Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:24 pm

It was just embarrassing watching this today. Midleton completely out of their depth and to think that Kilmallock had only one player on their Limerick senior hurling team. I must admit I was fooled some bit by our county final and thought there was some progression, but that got knocked in the head fairly sharply.
Sobering for Cork Hurling I'm afraid.

JBM1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:00 pm

Gneeveguilla 3-14, Boherbue 0-9

Expected result really. Gneeveguilla are playing at the moment the equivalent of Premier Intermediate here and that won't change anytime soon. We can expect more of the same going forward

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:40 pm

Good God, I have no idea who the commentator and co-comms are for the Barrs game but they're woeful. They will run out of superlatives by half-time.

Everything is "brilliant", "excellent" or "great". Sherlock has tapped over a gimme free and it was, apparently, a "great score".
Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:52 pm

"A great ball into the full-forward line by Talty"

Translation: A clear drop short.
Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Barrs up 2-07 to 0-04 at HT.

Doing well on Éire Óg's kickouts, good shape, good tackling, some nice moves and a couple of fine points. Éire Óg sound asleep for the two goals and throughout the match, being honest.
Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:34 pm

Water break

2-09 to 0-10.

Éire Óg with a few nice points. Barrs need to tighten up at midfield and in the half-back area. If they do, they should see this out.
Podsy
Podsy

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:07 pm

Thanks for the updates Podsy

Intermediate result
Corofin (Clare) 1-14, Newmarket 0-11. NM had a man sent off with about 15 to go and fell apart.
That's not a good result

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:20 pm

2-14 to 0-12.
Coasted through the last 15 to be honest.

I was impressed with the first half when The Barrs won the game when it had to be won. The second half was too casual, though.

The Barrs are an admirable team in many ways. They may lack the fluidity or poetry that you'd wish for but they get the most out of what they have and (it seems to me at any rate) that they are trying to evolve their style of play. The two goals were neat and there was a few nice long-range points.

They clearly work hard on theirs and the oppo kick-outs, their tackling is excellent and the work rate is commendable.

Bigger tests await of course. Still not sure they'll need to buy more Brasso but I'd love it if they had to.

Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:23 pm

By the way, the co-commentator turned out to be our own Robert Downey. He did tone it down a bit as the game went on to be fair but either he was easily impressed or I'm getting old and jaded. This game was interesting, at best.
Podsy
Podsy

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:13 pm

I missed a skelp of it because of some glitch but in my case €10 is a hell of a lot cheaper than a drive to Cork in a Morris Minor.
Maguire in full flight is unstoppable and a sight to behold if you're a rebel.  Sam Ryan seemed to be everywhere and Myers Murray showed a few glimpses of the form that he once forecasted.    
The Down man is handy and McGreevy along with Sherlock scored enough to win against an average Ennis team.
With Hayes back soon they will fancy their chances against Stacks  who struggled to beat an understrength Rahilly's team in the county final.    They still depend on the 'Staar' a lot because of his height up front but the Barr's full back isn't exactly a dwarf either so advantage gone me thinks.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:20 pm

Couple of games tomorrow for Cork clubs in Munster Finals:

Intermediate: Courcey Rovers v Kilmoyley (Kerry Senuor champions and played Courcey Rovers in a challenge last year at some point), 1.30 in Pairc na nGael

Junior: Ballygiblin v Skeenarinky in Mallow at 1.30pm. This is a local derby of sorts. I believe Mark Keane is available

Best of luck to the Cork clubs

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM1 Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Anyone trying to get into Clubber.ie...Have paid the fee, but now it's not streaming ?

JBM1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:37 pm

JBM1 wrote:Anyone trying to get into Clubber.ie...Have paid the fee, but now it's not streaming ?

Me too...............just sent them an email. Bollix of a story

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:56 pm

Just switched over to Kerry radio as it drives me effing spare to hear a girleen taking over the commentary from Cashman on C 103. They are gradually taking over every facet of radio and TV FFS. Never thought I'd listen to Kerrymen describing a hurling match but it's preferable to that squealing yoke on C 103.
Clubber will offer us a free viewing during the week like they did before but that's worth SFA. Fcuk em anyway

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:13 pm

Unavailable..............but thanks anyway

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:34 pm

Obviously some of you fellas watched these games, I listened into most of it on 103FM.

Ballygiblin 2-13, Sheenarinky 1-9. They pulled away in the second half. Darragh Flynn only came on in that time.

Kilmoyley 0-24, Courcey Rovers 0-21 after extra time.
Courcey Rovers were leading by 4 points with 10 minutes to go and sounded in control but fell away, Kilmoyley took over, forced extra time and pushed on. Courcey Rovers will be sickened

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:28 pm

Imagine what Ballygunner would have done to Midleton if they'd met. They are currently destroying a team that destroyed Midleton

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:26 am

Barrs playing tomorrow v Austin Stacks at 1.45 in Thurles. Live on TG4

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:40 am

Tipp Ex wrote:Barrs playing tomorrow v Austin Stacks at 1.45 in Thurles. Live on TG4

And our old friend Paddy Power is going 4/7 Stacks 15/8 Barrs.
I have a feeling he has got it wrong and I'll be taking a wedge off him by 4pm tomorrow evening.
Stacks are the luckiest and worst champions to come out of Kerry in yonks.    They were steeped to scrape
over the line against divisional side St.Brendans in the semi final and Rahillys lost their two best players at
the start of the final.   Moran and O Brien would have made a huge difference to the outcome but again the Stacks
and the Staaaaaaaaaaar scrope through giving the Staaaaaaaaaaaar another full page in the Kerry Examiner today.
Barrs by at least 4 points.

As I was saying the other day.................and I forget the rest of it............. Very Happy
OK John Kearns made an outstanding save but the Barrs were by far the better team only for a litany of schoolboy
errors in the 1st quarter of the 2nd half. It must have been policy to starve Sherlock of ball because the outfield players
made no effort to find him, even with 50/50 balls. He did have one godamnawful wide but scored his frees well.
Shields was the steady hand they needed and he's still a valuable asset going forward.
They will not win another game if they go to sleep for 15 minutes like they did today.

Last edited by Ranty on Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ranty

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum