Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork senior football team 2021

+8
JBM1
leesider
Podsy
T. Leaf
cahirofcork
Sean
Tipp Ex
Ranty
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Cork senior football team 2021 Empty Cork senior football team 2021

Post by Ranty Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:27 pm

Cork team v Limerick on Saturday at 3pm in Limerick.

1 Mícheál Martin,Nemo Rangers
2 Sean Powter,Douglas
3 Daniel O’ Mahony,Knocknagree
4 Kevin Flahive,Douglas
5 Kevin O’ Donovan,Nemo Rangers
6 Sean Meehan,Kiskeam
7 Mattie Taylor,Mallow
8 Ian Maguire,St. Finbarrs
9 Paul Walsh,Kanturk
10 Brian Hartnett,Douglas
11 Ruairi Deane,Bantry Blues
12 John O’ Rourke,Carbery Rangers
13 Luke Connolly,Nemo Rangers
14 Brian Hurley,Castlehaven
15 Daniel Dineen,Cill na Martra

16 Mark White,Clonakilty
17 Briain Murphy,Nemo Rangers
18 Kevin Crowley,Millstreet
19 Tadhg Corkery,Cill na Martra
20 Cian Kiely,Ballincollig
21 Shane Forde,Na Piarsaigh
22 Kevin O’ Driscoll,Tadhg MacCarthaigh
23 Eoghan McSweeney,Knocknagree
24 Mark Collins,Castlehaven
25 Damien Gore,Kilmacabea
26 Michael Hurley,Castlehaven

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Cork senior football team 2021 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2021

Post by Tipp Ex Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:30 pm

That team should be taking care of Limerick fairly lively

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:33 pm

Good to see Kevin Crowley back in contention and injury free.  Also Brian Murphy Nemo and Michael Hurley Castlehaven.   I've never seen Shane Forde in the flesh but it appears he's impressing in training. Taking care of Limerick is another story tipp, but if they can't beat them well they have no business going to Killarney.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:14 am

A good team considering those missing though injuries, if Maurice shanley was fit we would have some serious options for the full back line. I understand Brian hurley is on frees, hopefully anyway, hartnett is a good player and offers more then Kevin o Driscoll, hopefully John o rourke in his best position at wing forward will continue to chip in with 2-4 points like in the league. A decent bench with some strong ‘ finishers’ in Collins, Corkery, mcsweeney and Michael hurley. Hopefully they will play positive football and keep the crabbing to a minimum

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Our discipline....Jesus Christ

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:34 pm

They are just a really really poor team typified by Deane being unable to kick a point from 13 yards , they are shocking

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:47 pm

Well, we're winning and Powter is playing well. The positives end there.
Sounds shocking summed up by the Taoiseachs son being sent off the field to get his gumshields. You could not make that up.
Two shit teams

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:49 pm

God help us. Half time and was never as glad to hear a whistle in my life. Backs doing as well as they can defensively and really doing the forwards job for them. Our forwards are awful, no other word for it. Our inside men have offered nothing. Not showing for the ball not taking on responsibility nothing. Rory Deane cannot kick the ball and he is our spearhead in attack, I just don't get it. Brian Hartnett lost at wing forward.

Ian Maguire, on a yellow after 15 minutes and running up into the corner again turning over ball. Paul Walsh just doesn't have enough presence physically or workrate, I would swap him with Hartnett and see what happens. Match is not over by any means.

Meehan excellent again along with O'Mahony the pick of the bunch.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Powter gone off, hard to see what the issue was.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Daniel O'Mahony gone off injured as well and we're gone out of the game.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:19 pm

103 FM gone off for an ad break in the middle of the match. They are incredible, fucking hell like

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Just about keeping our noses in front. Forwards continue to offer very little. Our half backs getting most of our scores. How Luke Connolly is left on the field is beyond me. In fairness to Ruairi Deane he has been a lot better this half coming deep winning the ball and going straight.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:28 pm

I have seen some pathetic abysmal football from cork over the last 10 years in particular but this is as bad as it gets imo. Team and management should go away and ask themselves why they bother

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:48 pm

Worst coached team in Ireland 1-16
26th best team in Ireland 0-11

We're in for the mother and father of all beatings down in Killarney in 2 weeks. Might be the best thing that happened this team in years. Get rid of McCarthy and O Neill and end this bullshit set up. Going absolutely nowhere fast with them in charge

Tipp Ex

Sean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:56 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Worst coached team in Ireland 1-16
26th best team in Ireland 0-11

We're in for the mother and father of all beatings down in Killarney in 2 weeks. Might be the best thing that happened this team in years. Get rid of McCarthy and O Neill and end this bullshit set up. Going absolutely nowhere fast with them in charge

Tis an awful thing to be thinking never mind saying out loud but you're totally right Tipp. The forwards picked today should apologise to a man to their colleagues at the back for the shitshow they produced. Awful stuff. Cork football is an awful lot better than that and deserves far better than what they produced. I would fucking pay good money for someone to break that bluffer O'Neill's jaw for nothing else other than to shut him up bawling and roaring on the sideline.

cahirofcork

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:23 pm

4 wides, 4 yellow cards and 17 scores.
Mr Cawley from Kildare saw fit to penalise Cork 25 times against 18 for Limerick.
That may sound bad but there's worse.   Listening to Pat Spillane is probably,  NO.......it's most definitely the most sickening sound since Hiroshima.   Ger Canning once more has rearranged the map of Cork on two occasions, where he has shifted Kiskeam from Duhallow all the way into West Cork .  
The last free in to limerick was really funny.   Maguire was practically strangled by a giant in green but the free was in.  
Hard to say much about this game apart from us losing our two best players Powter and O Mahony from the last line of defence, for a second time in a few weeks.    
Dan Dineen covered every blade of grass but he'd surely be better employed in the spot where his No 15 jersey indicates.
I'll say no more about Connolly only it's not his fault that Cork selectors continue to pick him and to add insult to injury, they continue to ignore his juvenile mistakes.
We can only hope for another horrible day weather wise in Killarney with the ball like a bar of soap and the two Cliffords to be in lockdown with mild covid 19.

Ranty

T. Leaf and cahirofcork like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 am

T.S.G. panel last night with Thomás leading the charge were fairly scathing of our chances against his beloved Kerry. " Cork footballers are naïve" was his best analysis pointing out once again our "running down blind alleys and into tackles".
Whelan was so dismissive of our chances that he barely commented while the painful smirk
on TV host Des burns a hole in my gut.
Having got that off my chest and in the cold light of a damp Monday morning, it is a sad reflection on our game plan that neither of our corner forwards scored, or even looked like scoring.
Once again John O Rourke was our best attacker with 1-3 and there aren't many positives going forward.
It's truly pathetic to see Connolly do his rain dance before kicking a 21 yard free wide from the right hand side.
Ronan McCarthy as a manager is in the same bracket as Garret Southgate by allowing this as the world and its mother knows Connolly wouldn't hit a barn door from that side. Southgate's selection of penalty takers is probably worse than his own miss.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:10 am

Kerry will eat cork without salt in 2 weeks, sad but true. Cork don’t have any pattern of attack that is in anyway troubling to a semi decent defence. We
Picked 2 men well able to win ball in Dinesen and hurley and never kicked the ball into them, we picked Deane at centre forward who is a really poor kicker of a ball( put him midfield with maguire where he might get more chance to run) and we took short kick outs with defenders taking ball at ambling pace. I still can’t believe we are entrusting long range frees and 45’s to a player who is at best 50:50, it beggars belief, he simply isn’t reliable and his form from play on Saturday was dreadful, give ball away cheaply to Kerry defenders with pace and we are in big trouble. Saturday was just another in a long list of really poor performances under this coaching ticket, when have cork produced a performance, genuinely? I don’t recall any, every game even when they win has huge issues, we sort out defence, our attack flounders, we score lots, our defence gets walked though…..there is zero balance, I don’t believe that the older generation of players are capable of putting it up to Kerry, they are mentally beaten from defeat and yet I suspect we will have a host of them starting again as some seem undroppable.
The newer players in particular need a new voice roaring at them from the sideline in order to develop.
Interesting on the sideline roaring, while watching Donegal vs Derry it was very clear that in effect players don’t think for themselves at this stage, they wait for the roar to tell them what and where to go, how is this the best way forward?

Sean

cahirofcork likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:55 am

Well, I only saw the highlights of the game last night and in the bits I saw, Cork looked sprightly enough. (I was expecting a much slower pace after the Kerry/Tipperary game.) That miss from a free right in front of the goals was so strange that they showed it as one of the highlights! I have no expectations against Kerry. It's like a never-ending nightmare.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:25 am

I don't agree that Kerry will 'eat' Cork in Killarney. Watched the 2nd half again this morning without sound. ( Just couldn't listen to that sickening fooker from Templenoe again)
Limerick were extremely fit and agressive tacklers and really only lack a few scorers.
Cork conceded 11 points , 5 from frees a few of which were debatable and 1 45 which sub keeper landed easily. Their half backs scored 2 and their half forwards zero.
Corner forward Neville burned Flahive for pace a few times after Powter went off but he's a real speed merchant and Flahive performed well overall.
Very hard to get my head around this new game where corner forwards can be found in corner back positions and visa versa. I saw Dan Dineen hand passing a ball out from his own goal line at one stage and a few minutes later Flahive was passing the ball to Hurley where Dineen would have been in the old days.
There is a lot of pace and power in the Cork team who probably don't have the football skills of Kerry but there's only one ball on the field and these lads will compete for it all day in Killarney.
The turnover numbers are improving and if our selectors ( it's a huge IF) pick the best team available Kerry will earn their win hard.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:58 am

It's Friday morning and our modern website with all the trimmings and links has zero information about our senior football team who play in the Munster Final on Sunday.
We know they don't pick the team but Jesus Christ almighty is it too much to expect a few lines telling us why CCB have departed from normal by not publishing the team at 9pm on the Thursday night?
No info on the Examiner or Echo either only the same old rubbish quotes from a few players and one high profile ex player.
May God give us patience.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:47 am

Team is not being named until Saturday night.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:10 am

Ridiculous. Why the hell is that?

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:35 am

The balance of the team will be interesting, if there is a conservative going back for older players who have simply not done it at this level enough as opposed to fresher more fearless younger players I would seriously fear for us. Have been watching a lot of football recently and I notice keepers at u20 level punting the ball well beyond half way as required from kick outs, I don’t think Martin has the range beyond midfield? I think this is a concern a small his weakest part of his game, considering Walsh didn’t perform the last day massive pressure as always on maguire

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by cahirofcork Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Ridiculous. Why the hell is that?

God knows with that mgt crew. Unless they are sweating on injuries.

cahirofcork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next