Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork Senior Hurling 2024

+18
Podsy
caughtforpace
CloudyCork
YellowBib
Skyblue
leesider
Ranty
top of the right
Mattie Hislop
JBM1
Sinbin
2hands
Sean
fullcourtpress
astnasquare
T. Leaf
Tipp Ex
bittergaaman
22 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Cork Senior Hurling 2024 - Page 8 Empty Re: Cork Senior Hurling 2024

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:28 pm

Footballers put on a substantially better performance yesterday.

What the fuck is happening to Cork. Corkness me hole. Time for outside MGMT but we are too fucking arrogant and proud to admit it

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:29 pm

That’s our fucking captain trying a glory catch and drops the ball beyond our reach

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:33 pm

Luke Meade has been absolutely fucking asleep since he came on

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Of all the false dawns and of all the bad performances that was the most disheartening and depressing. Cork GAA has been bobbing in the ocean for 20 years and we have made no progress at all

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:35 pm

Totally and utterly outclassed on the line again, too
Many older players who for some unknown reason are still selected, looking forward to another article on the s and c coach

Sean

bittergaaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:35 pm

Nothing like a Cork hurling team to ruin your day. And year
Gonna have to put up with that prick Davy now who bet Pat Ryan up a stick.
Last in Munster coming up

Last edited by Tipp Ex on Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tipp Ex

Sean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:36 pm

How does our goal keepers puck outs launch our attack?

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by YellowBib Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:40 pm

Ref destroyed us

YellowBib

Back to top Go down

Post by top of the right Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:41 pm

A sad day for Cork hurling,I would say a lot of those Cork players were believing what was being written about them, thought all they had to do was turn up. The management of this team would want to have a serious chat with themselves and do some serious culling of the panel they have assembled.

top of the right

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:44 pm

1 win in 5 games in munster now and todays the most dispiriting. The whole county knew the selection was wrong, the spirit was once again way off at the start when it matters, the total
Lack of tactical nous on the line is brutal, Waterford penalty came from a bad move of Tommy to wing back where he isn’t comfortable under high ball

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:49 pm

YellowBib wrote:Ref destroyed us

Can't blame the ref for that performance... unless that's the MO inside in the CCB... if so would explain a lot

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:50 pm

top of the right wrote:A sad day for Cork hurling,I would say a lot of those Cork players were believing what was being written about them,  thought all they had to do was turn up. The management of this team would want to have a serious chat with themselves and do some serious culling of the panel they have assembled.

TBF to most of us on here. When we saw the team sheet earlier this week we all expected more of the same. We got exactly that

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:51 pm

Another year of everyone laughing at Cork hurlers. Footballers getting much more kudos

bittergaaman

Sean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:53 pm

Looks like Proc has crashed, just like our seasons chances.
Keeper? Don't know. Puck outs meh
Cahalane and Seán Donoghue in trouble all game
Half back line cleaned out in the air
Midfield? Darragh Fitz good. Coleman played there did he? Good and bad.
HF line. Shane Barrett. That was it
FF line. Connolly. That was it

Once again, for the 15th season in a row, we couldn't handle intensity from the opposition
Tis a psychologist Cork hurlers need, not a manager

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattie Hislop Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:00 pm

I fear that's the season done. Same old shit year on year. Going to give away my ticket for the Clare game. I couldn't stomach this team being bet around the Páirc by Clare.

Mattie Hislop

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:10 pm

It's very hard to see how this set-up can come anywhere near the physicality and intensity I saw by both Limerick and Clare in Ennis. It could be a seriously hard watch.

Also point of note. Harnedy was not happy at all being taken off today. He had just scored a point too. Wonder if that hints at any discontent in the dressing room. Probably not but I noticed it

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:50 pm

It's the first round. Cork started badly and took a long, long time to get to the pace of the game. They seem to have a bad habit of doing that for far too long now and it's time they kicked the habit. It makes things extra difficult in the end if your let the opposition have a free go for twenty minutes.

Three more games to go. Just go out and win the things. Maybe hope drives you insane, but when hope is gone there is nothing at all left. I'd prefer to be insane.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinbin Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:16 pm

We've seen this movie so many times now it's getting so boring and predictable. Same, same, same old shit.

Not being wise in hindsight, being saying it before a ball was pucked in the league...where are we going with this group of players, 6 or 7 of whom have been around the best part of a decade or more. They weren't good enough to win an All-Ireland in their prime, they're certainly not going to be good enough now.

Individual players aside..where was the fight, the urgency,the desire, the spirit, the ability to scrap and make life difficult for your opponent....all the things you need to win a hurling match?

I'm really so disillusioned with Pat Ryan at this stage...I was delighted when he came in, thought he'd be the man to add a bit of steel, a work ethic, light real fires in the players bellies, and be ruthless in discarding the old guard. Not a bit of it...same old shit.

Sinbin

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CloudyCork Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:30 pm

Hard to take any positives from that. Waterford just wanted it more which is a sad thought.

Tactically we were all over place. Looked to me like the sweeper we had was determined by who was free, don’t understand that logic?

ODonohue was best for us, Fitz and Barrett done well too.

Someone mentioned Harnedy was disappointed coming off, he should of been whipped a lot earlier then he was given his first half showing.

CloudyCork

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:38 pm

What's the stat lads? 3 All Irelands since 1986 is it? Cork GAA have not been part of the King Pings of GAA any longer. The death of a giant I'm afraid

bittergaaman

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by leesider Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:12 am

When I saw the starting fifteen I feared the worst. My fears were borne out unfortunately.

leesider

Back to top Go down

Post by 2hands Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 am

Hard to know where to start really.

The first thing is probably with the delusion that continues to permeate the Cork hurling community generally. The attitude going in was almost unspoken that it was a handy enough opener compared to the game in Ennis, possible banana skin but sure we’d put them away if our heads were even half right. It’s as if we have a right to be in the top three or four because of who we are. We need to get our heads right. We haven’t won an All Ireland in 30 years. We are the pretenders. The challengers. The ones who should have chips on our shoulders. We have no right to anything we don’t fight for.

The second is with the lack of a goal threat yesterday. Pat Ryan talked before the game about needing more scores from out the field. That’s fair enough. But it doesn’t or shouldn’t mean that we are going to just point our way to victory. A few times yesterday we chose the handy point when a goal was on. Robbie O Flynn did it. Hoggie tried to do it. You wonder whether we are becoming slaves to stats? The pass Shane O’Donnell laid on for a Clare goal yesterday would have never occurred to any of our lads yesterday.

The third is that we needed to keep Waterford quiet for ten minutes and get off to a good start. They were in a rough place with their own fans. If Cork pulled away early we’d have had it a whole lot easier. Instead we conceded a goal you’d tear your hair out at an underage team for conceding.

Too many old warriors at the same time. Maybe it’s because the young warriors are no better than them really, but in summer time I’d go for the young legs and the hunger on any 50/50 call.

Our failure to find a settled midfield combination during the league is hurting us. To be fair to Pat Ryan, neither Ethan Twomey nor Brian Roche performed to the levels they were showing last year. But we need a rethink there. We also need to accept that if we play Damien at full back teams are just going to pull him away from goal and expose his pace and awkward style. Sadly, I’m not sure our options are brilliant there either though and he was unlucky with both cards in my opinion. On another day in another game he’d probably have avoided both.

Based on yesterday and some previous displays, you could say that we are a middle of the road team trying to live up to unrealistic expectations. Let’s see if the players can prove that wrong on Sunday. Clare left a game behind them that they should have won yesterday. Cork never really looked like winning apart from the short spell at the start of the second half when Davy’s mind games about keeping them in the dressing room backfired. You’d have to fancy Clare and the horrible prospect that Corks season could be in the bin before the end of April might bring a reality check.

2hands

Mattie Hislop, Tipp Ex, top of the right and caughtforpace like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM1 Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:05 pm

Look, everybody on this site knew what was going to happen - Unfortunately management didn't and that's why hurling in Cork is completely f.ed.
Another wasted two years and my optimism for Cork Hurling going forward is shattered to bits - I can't recall being as deflated as this for a long time
Do we have the players going forward ? - I honestly don't know. but I sure would like to find out - Pat would have got a lot of credit in the bank if he had pursued a youth policy (Certainly with me anyway) - Now, I'm afraid the credit has dried up
A word on Waterford - Fair play to them - They worked their backsides off and were deserving winners - The re-developed Walsh Park is a lovely grounds and the pitch was in tip top condition. However, try getting there - 3 and half hours down and to make matters worse 4 hours back - Just added to whole disastrous occasion

JBM1

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:43 pm

JBM1 wrote:Look, everybody on this site knew what was going to happen - Unfortunately management didn't and that's why hurling in Cork is completely f.ed.
Another wasted two years and my optimism for Cork Hurling going forward is shattered to bits - I can't recall being as deflated as this for a long time
Do we have the players going forward ? - I honestly don't know. but I sure would like to find out - Pat would have got a lot of credit in the bank if he had pursued a youth policy (Certainly with me anyway) - Now, I'm afraid the credit has dried up
A word on Waterford - Fair play to them - They worked their backsides off and were deserving winners - The re-developed Walsh Park is a lovely grounds and the pitch was in tip top condition. However, try getting there - 3 and half hours down and to make matters worse 4 hours back - Just added to whole disastrous occasion

And glad they resisted the attempts to build a new stadium on WIT grounds which would never have been their own. More power to the county board for standing up for their rights. I remember Walsh Park when it was a field on the outskirts of the city! And I have a fondness for Dungarvan, as well. I remember what amounted to a water-polo match there between Cork and Waterford which ended in a draw!
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:29 pm

Pat Ryan and company have MASSIVE calls to make this week, their positions are now under threat as we've made no progress whatsoever since they came in. I was delighted when they got in but it's obvious that it hasn't worked. YET

Also, I noticed Donal O'Mahony on the line yesterday, how many years is he with the Seniors now?

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next