Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork senior football team 2022

+16
luasaigh
Jeremiah
Skyblue
Bigbird
JBM1
fullcourtpress
astnasquare
Sinbin
2hands
Podsy
Tipp Ex
Sean
T. Leaf
caughtforpace
Ranty
bittergaaman
20 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 7 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by fullcourtpress Tue May 02, 2023 9:46 pm

bittergaaman wrote:When was the last time Cork played Mayo in championship?

Lost in extra time by a point in 2017 after wasting a pile of goal chances at the end of normal time. Also lost by a point in the 2014 quarter final. Lost comfortably enough in the 2011 quarter final, which was Mayo's first win over Cork in championship since 1916.

fullcourtpress

bittergaaman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 7 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by Sinbin Tue May 02, 2023 10:01 pm

Ranty wrote:

1989 A Irl final AFAIK and only for the Foxford curse we'd have lost that one. Smile

I seem to recall we played them around 2012 or 2013...think maybe an AI QF. Think twas the last sting of Counihan's team, lost by a few points.

Sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Fri May 05, 2023 8:43 am

Tipp Ex wrote:

I think we played em in 2018 was it? I'm Limerick, back door after our bottom of the barrel hammering verses Tyrone the game before? Seán Powter got a late goal and we nearly actually beat them

The day the new Park was opened. The whole of Cork enjoying a hoolie below there while 200 people were supporting the footballers up in Limerick.
A shameful day.
Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun May 07, 2023 3:04 pm

I'd say RTE/GAA put the Munster football final on at 4 o clock thnking twould be a Cork verses Kerry showdown

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun May 07, 2023 4:17 pm

Clare being exposed as the ordinary division 2 team they are by Kerry, the 2 midfielders who destroyed cork getting destroyed by Kerry…..some fucking indictment of us

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun May 07, 2023 4:55 pm

Sean wrote:Clare being exposed as the ordinary division 2 team they are by Kerry, the 2 midfielders who destroyed cork getting destroyed by Kerry…..some fucking indictment of us

HT............3-8 to 7pts.   How did that Clare football team beat a Cork football team?
You are spot on Sean and it looks very like that we are a McGrath Cup team and nothing more.
You'd always hope that Cleary and Co. can dig up a few decent footballers between now and May 28th.
Cork footballers remind me of Kerry hurlers, and that's a sad truth of where our football ability stands.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun May 07, 2023 5:41 pm

Kerry win yet another Munster Senior. Yay

Time for one of the other minnows to stand up to these effers because the Munster Championship this year was rubbish. Someone told me that Cork won a Munster way back. Maybe some day they might produce something and give Kerry a game.

Connaught wasnt much better. Probably the worst pair of provincial finals ever. Scrap the things

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun May 07, 2023 5:59 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Kerry win yet another Munster Senior. Yay

Time for one of the other minnows to stand up to these effers because the Munster Championship this year was rubbish. Someone told me that Cork won a Munster way back. Maybe some day they might produce something and give Kerry a game.

Connaught wasnt much better. Probably the worst pair of provincial finals ever. Scrap the things

Yerra Tipp you are wasting your time posting an intelligent comment on this or any forum.
I have a better idea but nobody listens to me either, so I'll post it hereunder just in case somebody in Croke Park
reads this .? It's two ideas actually.

1. Football. Rule 1............Players cannot use any part of their bodies to hit the ball other than their feet or legs.

2. Hurling. Rule 1....... Players can only use their hurleys to hit the sliotar.

Those two rules if implemented would make our games watchable once more, but it won't happen of course.
BTW............Brolly was brillo once more in today's S'indo

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinbin Mon May 08, 2023 11:07 pm

Ranty wrote:
Sean wrote:Clare being exposed as the ordinary division 2 team they are by Kerry, the 2 midfielders who destroyed cork getting destroyed by Kerry…..some fucking indictment of us

HT............3-8 to 7pts.   How did that Clare football team beat a Cork football team?
You are spot on Sean and it looks very like that we are a McGrath Cup team and nothing more.
You'd always hope that Cleary and Co. can dig up a few decent footballers between now and May 28th.
Cork footballers remind me of Kerry hurlers, and that's a sad truth of where our football ability stands.

I don't know, Ranty....methinks it might all have been part of a cunning plan!!

So Clare's 'reward' for beating Cork was to suffer a punishment beating at the hands of Kerry before being banished into the hell hole of an Ulster championship group.

I think Cork dodged a serious bullet here....think we got away much lighter than poor ol Clare.

Sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 09, 2023 12:25 am

I have my doubts that Cork management are THAT clever 'Sinbin'.
Unless they were out on their feet from heavy training there was no excuse for allowing a Clare corner back to wander free on our 21 yard line with time almost up.
No siree, they are not that smart.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Tue May 09, 2023 11:57 am

Ranty wrote:

Yerra Tipp you are wasting your time posting an intelligent comment on this or any forum.
I have a better idea but nobody listens to me either, so I'll post it hereunder just in case somebody in Croke Park
reads this .?    It's two ideas actually.

1.   Football.   Rule 1............Players cannot use any part of their bodies to hit the ball other than their feet or legs.

2. Hurling.  Rule 1....... Players can only use their hurleys to hit the sliotar.  

Those two rules if implemented would make our games watchable once more, but it won't happen of course.
o
The unintended consequence of these rules would see Kerry and Kilkenny win 7 of the next 10 All Irelands

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 09, 2023 3:09 pm

caughtforpace wrote:
Ranty wrote:

reads this .?    It's two ideas actually.

1.   Football.   Rule 1............Players cannot use any part of their bodies to hit the ball other than their feet or legs.

2. Hurling.  Rule 1....... Players can only use their hurleys to hit the sliotar.  

o
The unintended consequence of these rules would see Kerry and Kilkenny win 7 of the next 10 All Irelands

So you think those two tribes are the only Irishmen who can kick a football or hit a sliotar with a hurley stick.
By Gawd you do hold them in high regard?
Presently Kerry do more hand passing and even throw passing than anybody else and I don't watch much hurling unless Cork are in it, but it's a safe bet that Kilkenny are into the throwing and rucking too.
Wouldn't it be nice to see a game where that sh one t was banned or even penalised?
Wouldn't it be nice to see players pull on the ball on the ground and in the air and let the next guy fight for it with his opponent?
Ditto with football. Man against man and let the best team win.
I think your prophesy is well OTT but who knows?

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sun May 14, 2023 3:25 pm

Dublin have given Louth an unmerciful hammering - a 21 point win. That would be serious in hurling.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Tue May 16, 2023 2:20 pm

Cork play Louth in Navan on the 27th.

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 16, 2023 2:39 pm

bittergaaman wrote:Cork play Louth in Navan on the 27th.

So because they reached the non competitive Leinster final and got the father and mother of a bating from the Dubs they get a "home" game to start?

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Tue May 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Louth reached a provisional final Ranty. Cork were knocked out in round 1 of theirs

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 16, 2023 4:31 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Louth reached a provisional final Ranty. Cork were knocked out in round 1 of theirs

That's more or less what I said Tipp. Sure that Leinster Championship is a one horse race like our own.
Long trip for our boys on the 27th. An overnight in the best hotel in Naaaavan and a few pints on the way
down after putting Mickey Harte and his team away?

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Tue May 16, 2023 4:54 pm

I'd be surprised if we beat Louth. But will hope I'm wrong

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Tue May 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Isn't the way the All Irelands are run in both codes hilariously over complicated... I mean it actually beggars belief

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 16, 2023 7:02 pm

bittergaaman wrote:Isn't the way the All Irelands are run in both codes hilariously over complicated... I mean it actually beggars belief

Why are you so surprised bitter?
This is the GAA where we have two ballgames. The big ball game called football is really handball and two auld
lads either side of the goal posts call the sky high points and players can actually push the ball into the net for a goal ( Mannion did on Sunday) and the refs make up the tackle rules as the game rolls on.
The small ball game is an unbelievable mix of rucks, throws and steps so fast that the poor ref can't count them. He will of course guess right now and again. The little ball isn't visible most of the time but if we keep a close eye on the keeper we'll probably know if there's a score. Some of them wave a perfectly legal point wide thinking the poor ref will buy that.

This year they have managed to make the two major competitions, Sam and Liam co convoluted and weird that even those who made up the rules get confused as to who will play who and where they will play.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Tue May 16, 2023 8:21 pm

bittergaaman wrote:Isn't the way the All Irelands are run in both codes hilariously over complicated... I mean it actually beggars belief

Ffs this is the gaa, an organisation that allows the most populous, richest county play all their home games and their neutral games in croke park…..an organisation that at national level has lost the plot and is totally disconnected from reality

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Tue May 16, 2023 9:21 pm

I know all that. It's just I sat back today and actually took stock of the incredible lack of common sense. The GAA are trying to please everyone and have managed to create a structure that would make your nose bleed

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sat May 20, 2023 11:08 am

Am I correct in saying that we are effectively eliminated if we lose to Louth on the basis of head to head deciding who proceeds. We would need at least a win and a draw from our 2 remaining fixtures assuming Louth lose to Kerry and Mayo.

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sat May 20, 2023 6:13 pm

Mayo showed us today how to beat Kerry. Run at the hoors all day, draw fouls and get Rory Dean to bowl into every man that confronts him like Aidan O Shea did. He's some battering ram, and McStay has coached him into a top class scoring forward. Last year he wouldn't hit a barn door.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by 2hands Sun May 21, 2023 8:26 pm

The key difference with O’Shea is that he’s not being asked to play in about four positions and that he’s been encouraged to call the mark. His shooting when under pressure is still a bit dodgy!

I thought the real way Mayo hurt Kerry yesterday was the speed at which they offloaded the ball. Yes, they were fast, but players getting the ball moved it quickly to players running onto it and never allowed the Kerry defenders to settle. The chances of Cork being able to play like that are slim I’d say as we like to have a good look around and maybe have an oul’ solo or bounce before we pass the ball.

Great to see that the Catholic Church hasn’t completely lost its hold on the country though. The number of Kerry fans streaming out of the stadium to make 5 o’clock mass in the cathedral was impressive. I’m assuming that was what it was anyway, as their team was only a David Clifford goal and a traditional Killarney dive for a last minute free away from a draw at the time.

2hands

Ranty, Tipp Ex and Podsy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next