Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork senior football team 2022

+16
luasaigh
Jeremiah
Skyblue
Bigbird
JBM1
fullcourtpress
astnasquare
Sinbin
2hands
Podsy
Tipp Ex
Sean
T. Leaf
caughtforpace
Ranty
bittergaaman
20 posters

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 21 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by Ranty Thu May 30, 2024 9:52 pm

Team and subs plus extra panel members announced for Saturday v Donegal.
No surprises on team to play but we note that Cathal O Mahony is named in the extras along with David Buckley.
Referee....Brendan Griffin, Kerry. Not sure how to rate him so we'll say nought for now.

(1) Christopher Kelly (Eire Og)
(2) Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
(3) Daniel O’Mahony (Knocknagree)
(4) Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
(5) Rory Maguire (Castlehaven)
(6) Tommy Walsh (Kanturk)
(7) Matty Taylor (Mallow)
(Cool Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)
(9) Colm O’Callaghan (Eire Og)
(10) Paul Walsh (Kanturk)
(11) Sean Powter (Douglas)
(12) Brian O’Driscoll (Carrigaline)
(13) Chris Og Jones (Iveleary)
(14) Conor Corbett (Clyda Rovers)
(15) Brian Hurley (Castlehaven) Captain
(16) Micheal Aodh Martin (Nemo Rangers)
(17) Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
(18) Darragh Cashman (Millstreet)
(19) Thomas Clancy (Clonakilty)
(20) Killian O’Hanlon (Kilshannig)
(21) Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
(22) Jack Cahalane (Castlehaven)
(23) Eoghan McSweeney (Knocknagree)
(24) Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
(25) Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers)
(26) Steven Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
Extra Panel Members;
John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers), David Buckley (Newcestown), Cathal Maguire (Castlehaven), Cathail O’Mahony (Mitchelstown), Neil Lordan (Ballinora), Damien Gore (Kilmacabea), Kevin O’Donovan (Nemo Rangers), Patrick Doyle (Knocknagree), (Castlehaven), Jacob O’Driscoll (Valley Rovers), Luke Fahy (Ballincollig), Sean Brady (Ballygarvan)

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 21 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by Ranty Thu May 30, 2024 11:14 pm

It appears that Jack Cahalane has replaced David Buckley on the subs bench. Awkward decision for Cleary as he might be accused of nepotism. I'm not saying it. Must be tough for him regardless.
Good chance that Jack is showing up well in A v B games so let's hope he gets more game time than Buckley got.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Fri May 31, 2024 8:12 pm

In case anybody is interested now that Imokilly have joined Beara on the sideline.
Just shows how the GAA product is declining and no wonder either.
When you can hand pass the ball from one end of the field to the other end and then
hand pass it over the bar. In most cases they just shovel it over anyway.
Donegal will hand pass from one end of Boreennamanna road to Ballinure tomorrow.

https://x.com/officialdonegal/status/1796481665721929863

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:27 pm

Ranty wrote:It appears that Jack Cahalane has replaced David Buckley on the subs bench.    Awkward decision for Cleary as he might be accused of nepotism.     I'm not saying it.    Must be tough for him regardless.
Good chance that Jack is showing up well in A v B games so let's hope he gets more game time than Buckley got.
Well that was a no brainer. Any young prospect worth their salt should be able to start at centre forward and hold his own against a ravenous, Jim Mc Guinness coached Donegal on a windswept February Sunday in Ballybofey. Cleary was dead right not to give him a look in for the remainder of the league regardless of his early season promise. Who cares if he caught the eye of multi All Ireland winning managers. That cuts no muster around Castlehaven.

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:10 pm

We are all over the place since we scored, Donegal are far better and will win but when your scoring efficiency is 45% and you miss the goal opportunities Hurley and o’callaghan have you don’t deserve to win

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:21 pm

A fantastic victory. Lots to improve on being realistic but it's a credit to everyone involved the strives they are making. In other years we would of curled up and given in when Donegal hit 5 points on the trot to level it. But like the hurlers, Cork GAA is finally getting mentally strong...

Not sure what's happened Conor Corbett, just one of those seasons that can happen any player. Hope he finds his mojo soon because we all know his capabilities

Bring on Tyrone

bittergaaman

caughtforpace likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:29 pm

Great win and fair play, to win it in last couple of minutes after Donegal brought it back to a draw is the best type of win

Sean

Tipp Ex and caughtforpace like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sat Jun 01, 2024 5:31 pm

That's an outstanding win. Well done to all

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by fullcourtpress Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:05 pm

What a day. Tomorrow can be for analysis, there's pints to be drank in this weather today to celebrate this group of lads who've brought Cork football back from the wilderness. John Cleary you have rocked my world!

fullcourtpress

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:27 pm

Not good for the heart.
People often scoff and question my sanity when I tell them the Cork footballers are and will always be top of the list of the teams I support. I try to explain that the odd good day will always outweigh the torment they put us through. Today is one of those. Some guts shown out there today.

caughtforpace

fullcourtpress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:38 pm

fullcourtpress wrote:What a day. Tomorrow can be for analysis, there's pints to be drank in this weather today to celebrate this group of lads who've brought Cork football back from the wilderness. John Cleary you have rocked my world!

Mine too Fullcourt. I've just popped the cork of my second bottle of 'Two Hands'.
Hard to be critical but I'm a bit p1ssed so here goes.
Listened to the 1st half on RTE 1 with Padraig Lodge and Tomás or should I saw Tomás and Padraig?
We got a dissertation from Tomás on all that is good and magnificent about Donegal and how the placed
their team and were high up the list of great teams. He got a small bit stuttery after Matties goal but I could take no more and switched to C 103 at the gong.
Would have gone there at the start if I knew John Cashman was on the mike. He's a breath of fresh air and in fairness J F D was bearable if a bit long winded.
My one and only crib with Cleary and Co. is their reluctance to introduce subs. We failed to score from the
53rd minute to the 69th, that's 15 minutes while Donegal rattled off 5 to level the game. Deane wasn't introduced till the 65th minute approx. and according to J F D changed everything including O Callaghan's insurance point.
Corbett is talented but replaced at the start by Mark Cronin. When introduced late in the game he made three boo boos that almost cost us. If he was injured he shouldn't be near the team or subs. If he isn't injured he might find himself in the 'extras' for the Tyrone game.
It appears that Tom Clancy did well when replacing Tommy Walsh and that is a huge plus for this team.
Brian Dooher will not be looking forward to meeting this team.

Ranty

fullcourtpress likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:26 pm

Just heard the result. Fantastic. Hoping to watch it now on The Saturday Game.

#Days like this.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:47 pm

Christ, the cameras for the Saturday game. It's either really close or really really far away Dougal...

bittergaaman

T. Leaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:03 am

Cork V Donegal not on any broadcasting medium but RTE are showing Kerry V Meath tomorrow. What bollocks

bittergaaman

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:39 am

But sure 'tis great to listen to Cora on TSG as leading analyst.
What is this old world coming to?
This gender balance sh one t is gone way past reasonable.
Talking about analysists how about this from three experts on the RTE Podcast, yer man Rory head of sport, McGinley from Tyrone and our very own Hurley lass, all dismissing Cork's chances and O Neill almost sneering at the prospect of Cork giving these wonderful Donegal footballers a game.
I'll give Jacqui credit as she did say Cork might, just might improve enough to win an odd ball off Jimmy's crowd.
The sad thing is these flutes get paid for their rubbish.
Gimme a break.

Ranty

Sean and bittergaaman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red or Dead Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:22 am

Red or Dead
Red or Dead

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:13 pm

Its hearting to finally come on here and celebrate a big win for Cork football
Where do we stand now who we play outta our group?

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:21 pm

I think Neil McManus brings a lot to the table. Plus Tomás o shea, Eamonn Fitz (I know). Paul Flynn is excellent as well.
I kinda like Ciarán Whelan.
The best is Joe Canning. Such a lovely style

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:41 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Its hearting to finally come on here and celebrate a big win for Cork football
Where do we stand now who we play outta our group?
Draw with or beat Tyrone and we top the group.
Lose and it's a 3 way tie decided on scoring difference. We will probably finish 3rd as Tyrone and Donegal are likely to beat Clare handily.

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:44 pm

Some credit from Jimmy for our Galway guru. These exact points, almost to the word have been discussed here.
https://youtu.be/asNX0iwQTXA?si=yygJMc-TqOWjUFOe

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:46 pm

Them fecking phones have the country ruined.
https://x.com/yellowyell/status/1796940445009768753

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:41 pm

The fitness levels of the squad are off the charts, last turn over a good example of how cork were still driving forward, that’s a fair achievement for cork considering where we were fitness wise up to relatively recently.
Beat Tyrone and get another 2 week break to set up people Ely for a quarter final would be huge

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by fullcourtpress Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:13 pm

By my count, yesterday was the first championship win over Ulster opposition since a qualifier win over Down in 2011. The importance of breaking that run by beating their champions, in a game that looked to have been thrown away, cannot be overstated. The media narrative seems to be that Donegal were fatigued by the end due to their Ulster run - let that narrative remain, altgoygh it may well have truth to it, as the longer we stay in the long grass the better.

I felt that there was a lack of belief in the Kerry game, rather than anything tactical, that lead to the defeat. It would have been easy for the same mentality to creep in yesterday, particularly with the double missed goal chance, missed 45 and subsequent Donegal point just before half time. Although looking dangerous on the turnover, I felt there was a degree of fear to take the ball into contact when Donegal got into their shape and had men behind the ball. The Powter goal, and particularly the nature of it and how their defence parted so easily, seemed to flick a spark that they could be got at by running at them. That led to the second goal, although a bit fortuitous in how it broke.

It would be very harsh on Luke Fahy to lose his place given the year he's had, but Rory Maguire is physically on another level and provides a greater goal threat. He made one run off the ball in the first half after a turnover was won, and although he never received it, the pace he picked up was unreal. In the last moments, there was a couple of Donegal players that tried to go past him, but showed great strength, pace and discipline to repel while avoiding fouling. He wasn't alone in that moment in fairness, as a unit it was brilliant stuff. Another man who deserves a serious shout out is Maurice Shanley, who showed excellent poise on the ball and a serious engine to regularly get forward, allied with his usual excellent defending.

Finally, the bench impact was much better than what had been seen in Killarney. Having a guy with Sherlock's quality, who doesn't throw a strop about not starting and works his bollocks off when he gets minutes, is goldust. Ruairi Deane couldn't get into the game against Kerry but was the key figure in getting hands on the ball when it seemed nobody else could yesterday. Tom Clancy looked shaky at first, and very nearly fumbled a short kick out to him straight after coming on which could have been fatal, but in fairness he settled down fast afterwards and calmly worked the ball out through the press a couple of times. Eoghan McSweeney got his hands on a couple of vital balls at the end. The black mark on the day was Conor Corbett's form. He had a stinker which could have cost us, but I think he has had one or two issues recently which have knocked his confidence - he's such a talent that he deserves his chances, hopefully the fortnight break will do him good.

Beating Tyrone now is still a big ask. People seem very down on them after the Donegal loss, but they'll never lack players that can hurt you. On a personal level, would love to beat them given the shite that cretin Sean Cavanagh has talked about Cork over the years, and their diving/shouting in lads faces antics in the game in croke park in 2019. What a massive chance it is however to seal a place in a quarter final that likely wouldn't be against Dublin or Kerry.

fullcourtpress

Ranty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by caughtforpace Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:22 am

Mark Cronin's pass for Powter's goal took out 3 Donegal players. He literally put it on a sixpence to put O Callaghan through.
Hopefully Corbett can come good. Did getting dropped shake his confidence? Sometimes he gives the impression that he doesn't respect how valuable possession is.
It's crucial we get him back to the level he played against Derry last year.

caughtforpace

Back to top Go down

Post by fullcourtpress Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:28 am

caughtforpace wrote:Mark Cronin's pass for Powter's goal took out 3 Donegal players. He literally put it on a sixpence to put O Callaghan through.
Hopefully Corbett can come good. Did getting dropped shake his confidence? Sometimes he gives the impression that he doesn't respect how valuable possession is.
It's crucial we get him back to the level he played against Derry last year.

Off field issues apparently

fullcourtpress

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24 ... 28  Next