Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork Minor Football

+13
Jeremiah
astnasquare
Red or Dead
fullcourtpress
Skyblue
Bigbird
bittergaaman
2hands
Sean
leesider
Ranty
T. Leaf
Tipp Ex
17 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Cork Minor Football Empty Cork Minor Football

Post by Tipp Ex Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:13 am

Fixtures out. Group format this year. Cork v Kerry in the semi on May 12th. Loser to face the winner of the round Robin featuring the other counties. Final June 2nd.
If its pre covid rules, I think both finalists go through to the AI series

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Cork Minor Football Empty Re: Cork Minor Football

Post by T. Leaf Tue May 03, 2022 8:35 pm

The Cork Minor (U17) Football panel for 2022 has been announced:

Josh Woods (Valley Rovers)
Eoin O’Flynn (Douglas)
Sean Og Kenneally (Kilara Óg)
Colin Molloy (Nemo Rangers)
Gearoid Daly (Mallow)
Trevor Kiely (Doneraile)
Kieran McCarthy (Carrigaline)
Aaron Cullinane (Clonakilty)
Tim O’Brien (Nemo Rangers)
Conor Fitzpatrick (Kinsale)
Aaron O’Mahony (Kilmurry)
Mark O’Sullivan (Bantry)
Colm Clifford (Éire Óg)
Shane O’Connell (Castlehaven)
Hugh Linehan (Millstreet)
James Burke (Douglas)
Colm Gillespie (Aghabullogue) (Captain)
Colm Geary (Kilshannig)
Neville O’Leary (Douglas)
Alan O’Connell (Kilshannig)
Gearoid Kearney (Kinsale)
Aaron O’Sullivan (Aghabullogue)
Edward Myers (Naomh Abán)
Darragh Gough (Clonakilty)
Olan O’Donovan (Ibane Gaels)
Bryan Hayes (Nemo Rangers) Vice Captain
Sean Coakley (Douglas)
Ben O’Sullivan (Adrigole)
Darragh O’Donovan (Bishopstown)
Seán Mac an tSaoi (Valley Rovers)
Mark Kelleher (Mallow)
Robert Quirke (Ballinora)
Artjoms Petrov (Nemo Rangers)
Aidan Kelly (Clyda Rovers)
Bainistiocht:
Michael O’Brien (Ballincollig) (Manager)
Daniel Cronin (St Marys)
Gary Sheehan (Carrigtwohill)
Martin O’Brien (Clonakilty)
Donncha O’Connor (Ballydesmond)

Cork will travel to Austin Stack Park, Tralee to play Kerry in the Munster Minor Football semi final on Thursday 12th May. The winners will progress to the Munster final on June 1st. The losers will face the phase 1 qualifier on May 19th in a play off semi final.
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 pm

34 young footballers with the honour of Cork football 2022 resting on their shoulders.
Rumour has it that Kerry are sh1t hot this year and gave Kildare a bit of a dusting in a recent challenge in Tralee.
22 cubs represented in the Cork panel with Douglas and Nemo supplying 4 each.
Clon, Mallow, Kinsale, Valley Rovers, Kilshannig and Aghabullogue supplying 2 each.
The Divisional supply line is interesting notably for the limited numbers from what we regard as football strongholds, ie.....Carbery 4 and Duhallow 2.
Seandun 9
Avondhu 7
Carrigdown 6
Muskerry 5
Carbery 4
Duhallow 2
Beara 1

Players to note from what I hear are Captain Gillespie Aghabullogue and Vice Captain Brian Hayes, Nemo. Ed Myers, Naomh Abhán is another one to watch out for, even if he's not very high, which is another way of saying he's small.

After the recent defeats by our timid hurlers in all grades, it would be nice if Michael O Brien's troops could put a spring in our step and follow the exploits of Bobby Dwyer's troops in 2019.

Ranty

T. Leaf and Tipp Ex like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed May 04, 2022 1:28 pm

I see the losers of this go back into a group with the others so plenty of games available for either team

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Wed May 11, 2022 9:38 am

I thought the team and subs would be posted on our colourful web site this morning or at least a few lines about the team and game.
Not a word as usual but I see Kerry supporters have the same problem except there's
a bit of action on their forum.
Then again, they are still on a high after their big win on Saturday evening in Cork and
can't wait to hammer us again.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Wed May 11, 2022 3:58 pm

Team is now posted so here we go. No 2 Gearoid Daly is only 15 but I'm hearing that he wont be found wanting. I'm kinda disappointed the Ed Myers didn't make the starting team but his size probably makes him a late entry when the game opens up a bit.

1 Josh Woods (Valley Rovers)
2 Gearóid Daly (Mallow)
3 Colin Molloy (Nemo Rangers)
4 Tim O’Brien (Nemo Rangers)
5 Shane O’Connell (Castlehaven)
6 James Burke (Douglas)
7 Aaron Cullinane (Clonakilty)
8 Colm Gillespie (Aghabullogue) Captain
9 Alan O’Connell (Kilshannig)
10 Darragh Gough (Clonakilty)
11 Brian Hayes (Nemo Rangers)
12 Aaron O’Sullivan (Aghabullogue)
13 Gearóid Kearney (Kinsale)
14 Olan O’Donovan (Ibane Gaels)
15 Mark Kelleher (Mallow)

16 Eoin O’Flynn (Douglas)
17 Conor Fitzpatrick (Kinsale)
18 Mark O’Sullivan (Bantry)
19 Colm Clifford (Éire Óg)
20 Neville O’Leary (Douglas)
21 Colm Geary (Kilshannig)
22 Ed Myers (Naomh Abán)
23 Darragh O’Donovan (Bishopstown)
24 Trevor Kiely (Doneraile)

Extended Panel Members; Dan Andrews (St Colum’s), Sean Og Kenneally (Kilara Óg, Kilworth), Kieran McCarthy (Carrigaline), Aidan Kelly (Clyda Rovers), Aaron O’Mahony (Kilmurry), Hugh Linehan (Millstreet), Sean Coakley (Douglas), Ben O’Sullivan (Adrigole), Seán Mac an tSaoi (Valley Rovers), Robert Quirke (Ballinora), Artjoms Petrov (Nemo Rangers
Like ReplyReport

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed May 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Jaysus could we do with a win badly here

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Wed May 11, 2022 6:19 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Jaysus could we do with a win badly here

It's on the TG4 app I tink, but I'll be there roaring my head off for the reds.
Well, clapping every Kerry mistake anyway Laughing

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by leesider Wed May 11, 2022 7:12 pm

leesider

T. Leaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Wed May 11, 2022 9:46 pm

Tipperary beat Clare on penalties to win the Munster championship. Horrible way to lose a hurling championship match but this is the new intercounty now, everything must finish asap

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Wed May 11, 2022 9:56 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:Tipperary beat Clare on penalties to win the Munster championship. Horrible way to lose a hurling championship match but this is the new intercounty now, everything must finish asap

Wrong thread Tipp. The unfortunate bog ball people who inhabit this thread wouldn't know one end of a hurley stick
from a bad shovel. Laughing

Ranty

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Thu May 12, 2022 3:53 pm

MARK WOODS
Colm Gillespie (Newmarket), who captains the team, while Bryan Hayes (Nemo Rangers) also saw action in the Kerry game.

Hard to credit how a well paid journo wouldn't know the club of the team captain .

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by leesider Thu May 12, 2022 7:17 pm

Is there much benefit to either side in winning this?
The losers go into the semi-final I believe.

leesider

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu May 12, 2022 7:20 pm

Where do they get these refs? Stop blowing the fucking whistle and let the young fellas play

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu May 12, 2022 7:23 pm

And just like that,I'm the space of 3 minutes, Kerry, ably assisted by shocking Cork defending, have put this game to bed. No hope of a comeback here

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu May 12, 2022 7:32 pm

Kerry just taking the piss towards the end there, holding onto possession out around the middle while Cork players can't lay a hand on em.

This is as low as it gets. They don't even know how to kick the ball, all handpassing to nowhere. Playing with the wind and no score from play.

Sorry now but Cork are useless

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Thu May 12, 2022 7:54 pm

The gulf in class between both teams is massive

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by leesider Thu May 12, 2022 8:05 pm

One of the worst Cork minor teams I ever saw.

leesider

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu May 12, 2022 8:17 pm

The sooner 2022 is over for all Cork teams the better.

That was absolutely woeful, Wdf do they do in training??? They could be playing till midnight and still not create a goal chance. Theyll do well to get over the likes of Tipp/Limerick/Clare. The fear and awe that once existed in the famous red jersey is dead.

Kerry pissing through Munster football at all levels again

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Thu May 12, 2022 9:27 pm

I'm just in the door from watching the most depressing display from a Cork football team ever. Honorable exception Alan O Connell MF, Darragh Gough No 10, Brian Hayes No 11, Olan O Donovan No 14 and the best Cork player by a mile, Kinsale man Gearoid Kearney.
I'm not about to blame anybody, including selectors or management as these are probably the best young footballers available in Cork just now. That is a sad indictment of Cork football as the gulf between Kerry and Cork in all aspects of the game is frightening.
What's even more alarming is the fact that GAA people I know with Kerry background don't rate this Kerry minor team very highly.
If that's the case, we should do a Kilkenny on football and leave it to those counties that foster it and try to master it.
It's very obvious after tonight that the conveyor belt in Cork is pretty bare and I'm not in any way blaming those young lads who wore the jersey tonight and did their best.
They simply are not good enough and I doubt very much if they can beat any other team in Munster.
There were a few instances tonight of poor management as regards substitutions or should I say failure to do it. One of our wing backs was totally at sea, whether it was nerves or inability but he was never replaced and they took off No 10 Gough after 40 minutes who was playing reasonably well and wasn't injured. If it was the GPS telling them something, they should scrap it. Fine strong player replaced by a fine weak player.
Once again our restarts were a nightmare and we hadn't a semblance of a plan to negate Kerry's dominance under these balls.
From Kerry's point of view, they have another Clifford. This lad is from South Kerry and is almost as good as his Killarney namesake.
No 14 on his back but he was everywhere, and wherever he was the ball seemed to follow him.
There is no possibility of a match report as this wasn't a match. It was a mis-match and an embarrassment that won't be forgotten for many a year, if ever.
We can only hope that in the years ahead a new crop of footballers will emerge but I saw a few lads tonight from what we regard as strong football clubs and they simply couldn't play football.
Coaching is clearly the problem coupled with the dual code issue.
I'm depressed.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Thu May 12, 2022 9:50 pm

I can't think of a worse 3 weeks for Cork GAA on the field of play. All teams, not just losses, but hammerings, bewilderment, absolute drivel from a once powerful gaa county.

And what will be done about it? Nothing

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Thu May 12, 2022 10:20 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:I can't think of a worse 3 weeks for Cork GAA on the field of play. All teams, not just losses, but hammerings, bewilderment, absolute drivel from a once powerful gaa county.

I’d hurl cool in that to be honest, we have the senior hurlers out for the next two weekends followed by the senior footballers in 3 weeks and in between that this team have to play tipp and if they win that they get to play kerry again in killarney…….in 3 weeks you could be looking back wistfully at this 3 weeks as not being too bad

Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by 2hands Thu May 12, 2022 10:35 pm

Ranty, fair play for going and giving them a bit of support. It was sobering stuff. But we have to remember these are still kids and that they missed the guts of two years of football. No point in over analysing them. They kept playing and giving it their all.

You do have to wonder about our tactics at all levels. Kickouts have been done to death and they continue to kill us. But it’s going forward too. We prefer to pass the ball back rather than forward. Allowing the defence to settle every time. Sometimes it’s because no one is running off the shoulder. Some times it’s because we just feel safer passing it back. When we did try to break Kerry just guided us out to the wings and then put two ‘rows’ of defenders between our lads and the goal. As if the pitch had been rotated 90 degrees. When we tried to solo past the first lad if we got through we were swallowed up by the second line. It was like watching lads in red play red rover at times.

We are climate deniers at all levels in all codes too. We refuse to recognise the power of the wind when we have it. In the second half Kerry just let it in when the mood took them and pulled us apart. We also fell for the invitation into a group of three defenders who were waiting to pounce. Slaughter of the innocents at times.

There are some nice footballers on the team. Hopefully we can pull them together and get a performance next week. At that age the team that played an hour ago could look completely different to the team that you send out now. That’s about as half full as I can be!

As an aside, our current footballing fortunes were summed up by the ref (when we were about 7 points down) taking possession off us when we had it and bumped off him but regained it, throwing the ball in, immediately awarding a free to Kerry from the throw in and then moving it forward ten metres. They scored off the resultant free.

2hands

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Thu May 12, 2022 10:38 pm

Sean wrote:
Tipp Ex wrote:I can't think of a worse 3 weeks for Cork GAA on the field of play. All teams, not just losses, but hammerings, bewilderment, absolute drivel from a once powerful gaa county.

I’d hurl cool in that to be honest, we have the senior hurlers out for the next two weekends followed by the senior footballers in 3 weeks and in between that this team have to play tipp and if they win that they get to play kerry again in killarney…….in 3 weeks you could be looking back wistfully at this 3 weeks as not being too bad

I love your confidence Sean but I don't share it.
I know zilch about hurling, but if our footballers win another match this year I'll be amazed.
I mean ALL our footballers BTW.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 pm

No score from play today 😔

bittergaaman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down