Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cork senior football team 2022

+16
luasaigh
Jeremiah
Skyblue
Bigbird
JBM1
fullcourtpress
astnasquare
Sinbin
2hands
Podsy
Tipp Ex
Sean
T. Leaf
caughtforpace
Ranty
bittergaaman
20 posters

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 25 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by YellowBib Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:42 pm

Deservedly beaten. Cowardly football for the majority of the game. We get worse when they get a chance to speak to them at half time. Cleary has got a limited but game bunch so far but I'd be looking for someone new to try and take it on.

YellowBib

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Cork senior football team 2022 - Page 25 Empty Re: Cork senior football team 2022

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:42 pm

T. Leaf wrote:Gut-wrenching, to be fair. Mistakes cost us.

Why is it the end of Cleary? I hope not. I remember how things were before he came along.

Why the end of Cleary? Cause we just got dumped out of championship by FUCKING LOUTH and fucked it away and have been way to conservative and clueless all season with no development of young players, fellas walking away etc.. We are useless. Get somebody else in, anybody, i dont care. Same shit every game from the line

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinbin Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:46 pm

My God that was a hard watch, Cork football is a hard watch.

Lost a game that was there for the taking by not being brave enough to win it. Poor decisions everywhere - Jones had a tap over point and butchers a handpass to Maguire, 2 mins late he's bearing down on goal with only the keeper to beat and handpasses a point...like wtf??

Kelly cost us the goal and the winning point...how is this guy an intercounty goalkeeper?

But worst of all....the interminable over and back and backwards...is this really the best a Cork football team can come up with? The few times we upped the tempo and moved the ball quickly we were cutting through Louth...then recycle back to half way and start all over again. This hand in the air signal like it's some sort of secret code is so annoying.

So Cork football ends the year pretty much where it started...ambling along in limbo, going nowhere.

Sinbin

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinbin Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:49 pm

Sean wrote:

Why is it the end of Cleary? I hope not. I remember how things were before he came along.

Cleary has got them fit and developed a very limited plan, he has failed miserably to develop younger players, hard to believe in 2024 thst Clancy, Deane, Hurley, o’driscoll, Maguire, Taylor would still be mainstays of the team despite being so
Limited

Pretty sure you'll see all of them back in 2025 too.

Sinbin

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:51 pm

Christ, remember the team of 2010. They gave us nearly 7 years of a great football team. Under achieved for sure but still. How have we gotten so bad

bittergaaman

Sean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:53 pm

Yet another Sunday with the whole country laughing at Cork GAA.
Add it to the list

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:24 pm

Apart from the sh one t football the question is .........has Mooney
a mirror at his home in Cavan?
The winning free wasn't the first softie either and it's no wonder
Cathal O Mahony left the show.

Ranty

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by YellowBib Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:36 pm

Ranty wrote:Apart from the sh one t football the question is .........has Mooney
a mirror at his home in Cavan?
The winning free wasn't the first softie either and it's no wonder
Cathal O Mahony left the show.
COM was there

YellowBib

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:49 pm

If you were to combine minors, 20s and seniors and do a power ranking of 2024 performances, id put us roughly 22nd or 23rd in Ireland for what we got on the pitch this year.

If you were to do similar for potential, club numbers, playing numbers etc, we're dead last. No debate

Anyone who is involved in the Cork team for next year should be given a compass and it should point straight at the goal, not the stands at either side or the goalkeeper. This turgid sideways and backwards handpass ING bullshit needs to be banished. We're so slow I wonder what happens in training, does speed or quickness come into the vocab at all?

Those tactics today were an embarrassment, is that all we can come up with after months of preparation?

Our captain can't even take a fucking sideline and Matty Taylors braindead tackle for the free at the end? Lord help us

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:12 pm

By the way, are the Cork County Board running our local radio station 103FM? "Cork Sports Sunday"? Me hole

Cork were playing a knockout championship match and they didnt even bother their holes to send a commentry team up the M7 to the match. They just did the lazy thing and took commentry from LMFM, which was about as painful as the match itself.

Anyway, i decided to check out OUR halftime analysis - Elton John
Post match analysis of our collapse - more f**king music.

They just had a deflated Finny Mac on for a 3 minute report after the 5 o clock news.

They just dont give a shit, it was as pathetic an effort as our tactics today, absolutely pathetic outta them.

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jun 23, 2024 7:49 pm

The guy on GAAGO is even worse than Fitzmaurice. Then again it was difficult to find any excitement in Inniscein today.
If COM was there why wasn't he introduced?
Must be no truth in the 2-3 for his club this week so.
Some of the misses in front of goal in the last 10 minutes were Junior B standard.
Colm O Callaghan would fetch a quare penny on the transfer market if there was one.
We need at least 5 or 6 more like him but they are not there.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by T. Leaf Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:17 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:

Why the end of Cleary? Cause we just got dumped out of championship by FUCKING LOUTH and fucked it away and have been way to conservative and clueless all season with no development of young players, fellas walking away etc.. We are useless. Get somebody else in, anybody, i dont care. Same shit every game from the line

But is there a ready-made replacement? Were things better before the advent of Cleary? Anybody? You don't care? How about Ronan McCarthy back?
T. Leaf
T. Leaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:23 pm

Probably just as well they lost today as any senior intercounty football team awarded a 45 down wind( WD Tom Clancy) which any child will know is 45 meters from the goal posts.
Mark Cronin too it and we are now 60 +meters from the posts.
That team and it's management do not deserve to be in Croke Park despite being robbed by a dive and a pathetic ref.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:48 pm

Any serious county should be taking a real hard look at the management of this team and considering all options regardless of whether the management want to stay on.
This is year 3 for this group and they have succeeded in 3 things:
Fitness
Spirit
Basic tactical set up

Numbers 1 and 2 are the absolute basic any management group should get from a team and just because previous managers in cork couldn’t arrange this shouldn’t mean it counts for something special.
The tactical set up worked fine vs Donegal who we clearly caught but we didn’t perform really vs Tyrone when it mattered and today was an absolute shambles,
It was so obvious thst hey players had been told for the previous week not to give the ball away under any circumstances and today is what you get.
The bias and it’s a clear bias shown towards certain players was absolutely atrocious and cathal o’mahoney can feel very hard
Done by as can : herlihy, Buckley, gore, cashman, murphy ……each should have got way more game time, can anyone say that anymore the over 30s from various west cork clubs favoured on the 26 made a big difference this year?
This is an obviously a year gone in reverse, this should t happen in year 3 and points towards a need for change on the line in particular with the coaching of the forwards

Sean

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bittergaaman Sun Jun 23, 2024 8:53 pm

T. Leaf wrote:
Tipp Ex wrote:

But is there a ready-made replacement? Were things better before the advent of Cleary? Anybody? You don't care?  How about Ronan McCarthy back?

I swear to Christ I'm sick shit of saying it, but if ever the CCB needed an outside manager, it's now.... Id be very happy to have Tomas o Shea managing Cork. We need a new cultural paradigm shift. 40 years of handball needs to stop.
The only way to break the cycle is to do something so obvious it's enraging. Outside mgmt

bittergaaman

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JBM1 Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:22 pm

Some suggested was it "Donkey" or Gaelic Football the Cork Team we're playing today - No brainer on that one anyway!!

One word sums it up I'm afraid - Shambles!!!!

JBM1

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigbird Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:56 pm

Just home after watching that terrible performance.
I have attended all league and championship games past 5 yrs. We have only a plan A. No player kicks a forward pass of 30m. Would hateto playing as forward on this team with the system we try to play. Did Brian O Driscoll give a forward pass today, Ruari gives us nothing.  As someone said in a previous post that we have 6 players over 30 who neve won a munster senior football medal and we still pursue with them.
Corbett nowhere near intercounty standard but the problem with management was they thought he is the man and we build a team around him. Didn't work out, a brilliant minor but a terrible collages player and hasn't given Clyda anything.  Anyway he off down under next year.
So where do we go from here?
New coach definitely.
Listening to Cleary interview afterwards he won't be the gaffer next year.
I don't have the answers  but Colm O Callaghan was awesome today , big man real strength and not afraid to ki k for score.  There .ust .just be more of them around the county  . Handy dandys keep the ball safe pass it backwards, solo into blanket defense turned over  because of lack of size/power.
That's my rant over  over now.

Bigbird

Tipp Ex and Bigbird like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:54 pm

Thanks to everyone involved this year.
A poor day, no doubt, and a very disappointing end to the season. I enjoyed it, and I think we're improving.

No more to be said, only thanks for volunteering.

Corcaigh go deo.

Podsy
Podsy

T. Leaf, Tipp Ex and top of the right like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:16 pm

All nice sentiments there Podsy but there's a bit more to be said I'm afraid.
Fogarty in 'da paper' even said the winning free was dubious.
TSG lads have another name for sculduggery......a soft enough free.
Cork scored 1-8..........NO FREE
Louth scored 1-9......3 points from frees.
Two of those points including the winner were NOT frees.
How any God fearing whistler would put a team out of the championship with a 'dubious' free must have a hard heart.

Volunteering is a thankless occupation when you have to depend on officials to be honest. This is just another example of a neighbours child being put in charge of a serious intercounty game. Mooney is from Cavan. a good spit down the road from Louth and should nev er be in charge of this game.
Our team busted their guts training for weeks on end, travel the length of the country to fulfil this fixture and neve get even ONE free in the scoring zone for over 70 minutes.
Having got that 'rant' off my chest I have to say this game was simply appalling and Cork are just about a Division 2 team.
We won't be watching the GAAGO recording anytime soon. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ranty

top of the right likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tipp Ex Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:43 pm

I hate to say it but in many ways im glad our woeful intercounty season (bar Donegal game where we mugged em) at all levels is over, i just couldnt take anymore of that suffering we've had to endure over the past 3 months.
Louth set a trap yesterday and of course we bit the cheese and had our head chopped off.

Cork football is in a bad spot right now

Tipp Ex

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:23 pm

Tipp Ex wrote:I hate to say it but in many ways im glad our woeful intercounty season (bar Donegal game where we mugged em) at all levels is over, i just couldnt take anymore of that suffering we've had to endure over the past 3 months.
Louth set a trap yesterday and of course we bit the cheese and had our head chopped off.

Cork football is in a bad spot right now

If what I'm hearing about these development squads is true then we will stay in a bad spot.
I'm told that once the squad is formed that's end of story. If a Gooch or a Clifford appears in Ballingeary or Nemo he won't be asked in.
I find this hard to believe and my author is prone to 'porkies' and hyperbole.
But.........and it's a big but..............that minor team this year were so far off the minimum standard
we could be forgiven for believing the above.
I'm with you Tipp on the relief that it's over for this year anyway.

Ranty

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by top of the right Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:35 pm

Serious questions must be asked about the work the GDAs do, at club and schools level. Who coaches the club coaches, and who evaluates the work they are doing at club level. There is something drastically wrong with games development in Cork, a county that should be competitive at all levels with the amount of clubs involved.

top of the right

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Podsy Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:34 pm

Ranty wrote:
If what I'm hearing about these development squads is true then we will stay in a bad spot.
I'm told that once the squad is formed that's end of story.   If a Gooch or a Clifford appears in Ballingeary or Nemo he won't be asked in.

I can honestly put your mind at ease, and tell you that that's not true.
Podsy
Podsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinbin Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:15 pm

Ranty wrote:All nice sentiments there Podsy but there's a bit more to be said I'm afraid.
Fogarty in 'da paper' even said the winning free was dubious.
TSG lads have another name for sculduggery......a soft enough free.
Cork scored 1-8..........NO FREE
Louth scored 1-9......3 points from frees.
Two of those points including the winner were NOT frees.
How any God fearing whistler would put a team out of the championship with a 'dubious' free  must have a hard heart.

Volunteering is a thankless occupation when you have to depend on officials to be honest.    This is just another example of a neighbours child being put in charge of a serious intercounty game. Mooney is from Cavan. a good spit down the road from Louth and should nev er be in charge of this game.
Our team busted their guts training for weeks on end, travel the length of the country to fulfil this fixture and neve get even ONE free in the scoring zone for over 70 minutes.
Having got that 'rant' off my chest I have to say this game was simply appalling and Cork are just about a Division 2 team.
We won't be watching the GAAGO recording anytime soon.    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ranty...I always respect your posts and your commitment to Cork football, all the more admirable given what you've had to witness over the past decade.

But you're clutching at a withered straw here with this sentiment...no way in God's green earth did the referee cost us that game yesterday. No matter who he is and where he was from. No, we managed to lose ourselves that game all by ourselves, we needed no help from the referee, or his umpires, or Louth. Sure, the free against Taylor at the end looked harsh but we had pressed the self destruct button ourselves long before that. Like about 74 mins earlier.

It was our own abomination of a gameplan that had players in a tactical straitjacket that lost us that game. Nothing or nobody else can be blamed or even partly blamed. Because to do so would be letting those responsible off the hook. Seriously, what gameplan that you think will win you a game involves slow interminable sideways and backwards passing for about 90% of the time you have the ball in your possession. Work it up to the 21 line after around 38 laborious passes, then hey...go right back out to midfield and start the whole tedium all over again. Win a 45 that might win you the game...go backwards with it. Even the referee must have been so bored watching that shit I'm surprised he even played 70 mins never mind 75. Maybe that played on his mind when he gave Louth the free to win it...he couldn't stomach another 20 mins of that drudgery and was gallantly sparing those in attendance and the thousands watching on TV that torture.

And the players aren't blameless either...on the few occasions we actually tried to be positive and progressive we opened up Louth with relative ease. Jones tool the wrong decision twice...opting to create a goal when a simple point was on and opting to take a point when an open goal was on. McSweeney bears down on goal after a nice through ball from I think Powter...and does the very thing you try to teach U12 players not to do as in blast it straight at the keeper. Put it low in the corner or high in the corner but don't blast it at the perfect height straight at the keeper.

Anyway, you know all of this much better than I do. That game was a shocking indictment of Gaelic Football in general...and the sad spectacle that football has become is not Cork's fault. If it hadn't been Cork in that game yesterday I would have switched it off after 10 mins..and I'm sure tens of thousands would feel that way. And I'm sure tens of thousands of neutral supporters who paid their €12 quid in the hope of seeing a game of football probably did switch off....and if they didn't they must feel robbed. I'm not sure if GAAGO do refunds but if they do I'd say they were inundated today.

So yeah it was a horrible game played by two horrible teams that showcased Football at it's horrible worst on a beautiful day.

Sinbin

Tipp Ex likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranty Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:46 am

Sinbin.................take a bow.
What a refreshing analysis of a sh1t show.
It wasn't a free though, no matter how shocking the display for the previous 74 minutes.
I love your reasoning for Mr Mooney's wish to end this fiasco.
Neil Tobín wasn't far wrong about those mean Cavan baxtards.

Ranty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 28 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next